St Finian’s Medication Policy 2022-2023
The following guidelines were to ensure the health and safety of all pupils in St Finian’s.
● A letter from parent / guardian outlining that their son / daughter needs to take
necessary medication and outlining what times such medication needs to be taken must be given to the school office before the school year begins.
● Any medications should be stored in the school office during the school day.
● Where a student needs to take medication a medication card will be given to the
student to present to teachers if necessary during class of time. This must be collected from the school secretary.
● Times of absence to take medication will be recorded by the class teacher in their teacher journal.
● Medication card is to be returned to the secretary in the school office at the end of the day.