Evacuation routes and assembly points are illustrated on ‘Fire Exit Map’ in each classroom. It is important that you are aware of these and follow the correct procedure as follows:
Fire Siren activates for FIRST time:
- Remain in classroom/ current location.
Fire Siren activates for SECOND time:
- Teacher/Student(s) exit the room in orderly manner.
- Leave all belongings in situ, these are replaceable you are not.
- Staff/ Students out of classroom during ongoing alarm must exit building and locate with their class at the designated ‘Assembly Point’ as per ‘Fire Exit Map’ of relevant classroom.
- Always follow the designated exit route as illustrated on ‘Exit Map’ in each classroom unless the prescribed route is inaccessible.
- Do not run and co-operate with each other/instructions.
- DO NOT USE LIFT.
- Always descend stairs on the right hand side as usual.
- Students remain with Teacher/Supervisor at all times.
- Assemble in line at designated ‘Assembly Point’.
- Keep all access routes/points clear for emergency personnel/vehicles/equipment.
- Teacher/Supervisor calls attendance and class remain together.
- DO NOT RE-ENTER the building, await further instruction.
- Principal/Deputy Principals/ Health and Safety Representative will permit re-entry to building, await their instruction(s).
- Full co-operation is expected and appreciated. Keep safe.